Old Town Café is well known in community for consistent hours and quality food/dining experience and has engaged customers from all over the state/country.
It is in a prime location on Main Street in downtown Joseph (one of best blocks in Joseph), and Joseph/Wallowa County are booming with a lot of growth potential in the community. Owners of the restaurant also own the real estate and that includes a separate building that is currently used as office/storage space but can and can been used as a residence for the owner or separate tenant.
Property Improvements -The building has seen a lot of renovations within the last 10 years to upgrade the property:
- New courtyard with chairs, tables, fence, pavers, and planters all redone, or replaced.
- Brand new ADA compliant restroom.
- Entire building put onto new poured concrete foundation with new floor joists, sub floor, flooring.
- Expanded kitchen capacity.
- Brand new plumbing throughout the entire restaurant.
- New paint on front exterior with rebranded sign.
- New sewer line out to behind restaurant building.
- New water supply lines and shut off valve.
- Much of the wiring has been upgraded with remodeling.
- Added/new insulation throughout much of the building.
- Upgraded security of building with new metal doors and locks at every entrance.
Equipment Upgrades - A lot of equipment has been added, upgraded, or replaced since 1/1/14:
- Two new stand up freezers.
- New reach in refrigeration unit in kitchen.
- New front of house under-counter refrigerator.
- Ice machine for front of house drinks.
- New 3 basin sink, and added a mechanical dishwasher.
- All new restroom fixtures including changing table.
- New espresso machine.
- New microwaves.
- Added a steam table for holding hot items.
- Added more kitchen items/equipment for food prep/storage.
- New shelving and storage space added.
- Upgraded/replaced compressor and fan on walk in cooler motor.
- New water heater in March of 2019.
- Replaced all dining room chairs.
- New front of house serving station and counter.
- Upgraded 20 qt mixer.
- There is plenty of opportunity to expand into formalized catering. The current owners have not wanted to explore this opportunity, but it offers opportunity to bolster winter revenues.
- Current hours of operation are 7am-2pm and it could expand hours and diversifying into dinners.
- Old Town Cafe does not currently offer any alcoholic beverages but that could be a boost to revenue with the higher priced items.
- We currently only offer merchandising sales in store and have done phone sales and shipped items on special occasions.
- Expanded bakery items could be offered with new/additional equipment added.
- Additional energy efficiencies can be upgraded to further lower facilities costs.
- Residential unit on property can be rented out to tenants on a long or short term basis or could be converted into a vacation rental for additional income.
Asking price: $425,000 (including real estate, business, inventory and equipment)