The restaurant was rebuilt in 2013 with a new roof, floors, wiring, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, bathrooms, plaster, ventilation, lighting, re-tucked pointing of Bowlby stone, 10KW solar panels and more.
All the restaurant appliances, equipment and furniture are included in the sale (ask for list).
The Lostine Tavern was originally built in 1910 as a pharmacy with a doctor's office in front room. Over years the doctor’s office was a creamery. The pharmacy added a soda fountain, and then in the 1940s became a tavern.
The current Lostine Tavern ran as a very popular and profitable restaurant for two years and then closed for personal reasons. Since then it has operated as a community meeting place, special functions, etc. It is “walk-in-ready” for your business and even has a place to live (in the adjacent living quarters).
The renovations in 2013 were done by Kissinger Construction and included:
* 10 KW of solar panels on roof
* New hardwood floors
* New 60 mil PVC roofing from IB Roof Systems
* new wiring (work done by Enterprise Electric)
* new plumbing (work done by Mike Murray plumbing)
* new kitchen and appliances (all appliances owned)
* New HVAC system, ventilation, kitchen hood etc.
* New plaster on walls
* New bathrooms and storage area
* New lighting
* Re-tuck pointing of exterior locally quarried Bowlby stone
* Upstairs was also renovated with new wiring
* All tables in restaurant and bar top are made from locally harvested fir salvaged from old wood mill in Enterprise.
* Connected the living quarters in the back (786 sq.ft with 2 bedrooms and one bath)
The adjacent building was built between 1910-1920 and was originally a boarding house/hotel. It has recently been plumbed and new HVAC partially installed. It is set up as an “up and down” duplex with 2 bedrooms and one bath on each floor, with 1,008 sq.ft on each floor plus additional storage on the third floor. Could be used as a hostel or other business. It has wood siding and metal roof and is not on a foundation. This building needs work needs to be move in ready.
The property is connected to city water and the three building all are on a shared septic system.
Taxes $1,829.50 (2019-2020)